- Follow the #DigPINS facilitators; find their information here
- Sundi Richard (@sundilu) Developed the #DigPINS curriculum and ran the first cohorts at St. Norbert College. Currently the Assistant Director for Digital Learning at Davidson College. Public website at sundirichard.com. Tweets and blogs about instructional design and critical digital pedagogy.
- Daniel Lynds (@daniellynds) Coined the #DigPINS acronym. Instructional Designer at Davidson College. Writes about social network analysis, instructional design. Public website at daniellynds.com.
- Mia Zamora (@MiaZamoraPhD) Past #DigPINS guest. Mia teaches courses using Connected Learning Pedagogy and also researches and publishes on this topic. She maintains a portfolio site at miazamoraphd.com
People at Colgate
Except for President Casey, these people have been actual (or suggested) past guests or attendees at our previous digital identity group meetings
- Monica Mercado (@monicalmercado): Assistant Professor of History
- Danielle Lupton (@ProfLupton): Associate Professor of Political Science
- Jennifer LeMesurier (@jlinl): Assistant Professor of Writing and Rhetoric
- Brian Casey (@PresidentCasey): President of Colgate University
- Colgate University (@colgateuniv): Colgate’s Official Twitter Account
The following list are people who regularly tweet or blog about digital pedagogy, the use of technology in teaching and issues in higher education. Some of them have visited Colgate in the past few years.
- Amy Collier (@amcollier). Associate Provost for Digital Learning at Middlebury College. Spoke to our digital identity group in February 2020. Blogs at redpincushion.us/blog
- Mimi Ito (@mizuko). Cultural anthropologist who researchers connected learning and youth media practices. Founder of the Connected Learning Alliance. Author of Affinity Online: How Connections and Shared Interest Fuel Learning (2018). Keynote speaker for the 2019 Center for Learning, Teaching and Research Symposium. Tweets about education, but also parenting in a digital age.
- James Lang (@LangOnCourse). Professor of English at Assumption College. Author of Small Teaching (2016). Columnist for the Chronicle of Higher Education. Keynote Speaker for the 2018 Center for Learning, Teaching and Research Symposium. Tweets about teaching in higher ed.
- Kevin Gannon (@TheTattooedProf) Director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning and Professor of History at Grand View University. Recently published Radical Hope: A Teaching Manifesto (2020) and blogs at thetattoedprof.com. Tweets about teaching and learning, interspersed with pictures of his dogs.
- Jesse Stommel (@jessifer) and Sean Michael Morris (@slamteacher). Co-founders of Digital Pedagogy Lab and authors of The Urgency of Teachers: The Work of Critical Digital Pedagogy. They tweet about teaching and learning framed by social justice issues in higher ed. Both write at seanmichaelmorris.com and jessestommel.com.
- Robin DeRosa (@actualham) and Martha Burtis (@mburtis). Robin and Martha coordinate the Open Learning and Teaching Collaborative at Plymouth State University. They both tweet about open education, student agency and higher ed. Read more about them on Robin’s personal site and Martha’s personal site.